Ok, so it wasn’t really a party. I hate bottling. Almost quit brewing because it was such a PITA. But.. I built a kegerator, which is much lower maintenance and its only for my “special” brews that I go to the trouble of bottling.
That was certainly the case today, when I bottled my Raspberry Sour Ale. Probably best described as a Bastardized Lambic, this was brewed back in October with a grain bill consisting of mostly Pilsen with some Vienna, Red Wheat and a few dashes of this and that. I mashed hot for a dextrinous wort, fermented normally, then pitched the dregs from a number of bottles of sour beer - mostly Jolly Pumpkin, but also some Ommegang. The raspberries were added in the secondary, when I pitched the bugs.
Best I can tell, the sediment contains Sacch, Brett, Acetobacter, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and probably some other bugs. Six(ish) months in, It’s already quite sour. The gravity was down to 1.002, so I decided to go ahead and get it bottled. I had a need for the fermenter.
Raspberry Sour - ready for racking